This new study will provide Canadian firms with the essential information and relevant analysis to benchmark sales and marketing spending across every area of marketing, distribution and sales management and evaluate strategic decisions in the intermediary channel.
In the 2 years since we last published Mutual Fund Distribution in Canada – Costs andamp; Critical Success Factors, distribution has become distinctly more difficult during this prolonged bear market in our industry. Many of the old rules either don’t apply or need to be substantially modified in order to deal with today’s financial realities. In its new format with a North American perspective, Distribution in a Downturn combines FRC’s most popular studies by bringing together both the Canadian andamp; U.S. viewpoints within one study to maximize the relevance of country-specific sales and marketing cost analysis and a sharing of best practices in both markets. The study includes vital insights from interviews with over 40 senior sales and marketing executives on their firm’s’ initiatives to rebuild momentum and succeed in an era of net redemptions.
This new study will provide Canadian firms with the essential information and relevant analysis to:
- Benchmark your firm’s sales and marketing spending across every area of marketing, distribution and sales management.
- Determine the price of delivering investment products in the intermediary channel today and evaluate how it shapes your budgets in 2003 and beyond.
- Compare your sales and marketing initiatives to those of your U.S. counterparts who sometimes employ more varied and creative approaches.
- Explore how firms are addressing the difficult topic of wholesaler compensation in this challenging environment with a multitude of variations presented.
- Create an organizational structure that best supports a firm’s strategic direction by product and market focus while addressing industry shifts to SMA’s and open architecture.
- Re-invent distribution to distance yourself from your competitors.
Create a comprehensive strategy with these Related Research Studies
- The Future of the Mutual Fund Industry– 3 Volume Set
- E-Wholesaling– The Distribution Solution
Distribution in a Downturn answers these critical questions and more!
- How do my sales and marketing expenses compare to that of other Canadian Tier I firms focused on the intermediary channel?
- Where are Canadian firms focusing their shrinking budgets, on people or programs?
- How are the top firms in both Canada and the U.S. organizing their sales efforts to support alternative products while retaining a client focus?
- What is the potential impact of SMA’s and the open architecture environment on distribution models?
- How should compensation models change to match wholesaler productivity while retaining the best staff for the future?
- How is the wholesaler role evolving in both Canada and the U.S. and what role does technology play as e-wholesaling is embraced?
- What are the best value-added approaches to gain a greater ‘share-of-mind’ of advisors?
Build on FRC and Credo’s extensive expertise in investment product distribution by using this study combined with a targeted application to your firm’s unique strategic approach with our enhanced level of consulting services.