Top 5 Reasons Canadians do not work with a financial advisor

According to the Financial Comfort Zone Study, Credo’s on-going survey of more than 38,000 Canadians, 51% of Canadians work with some type of financial professional. For the other 49% there are a variety of reasons for not having an advisor. Above, we identify the top 5 reasons:

  1. I don’t have enough money (43%)
  2. They cost too much (28%)
  3. I know enough to do it myself (24%)
  4. I don’t trust financial advisors (12%)
  5. I’ve never met one (10%)


The Financial Comfort Zone
Credo Consulting Inc. 2014-2019
Methodology: Online
Time Frame: Monthly, n=500-1000